- House Bill 1012* would repeal the State Property Commission which has cost taxpayers several hundred thousand dollars with no work product to show for this expenditure. The bill has been approved by the Ways and Means Committee and is headed to the House floor.
- House Bill 1026 would raise the cigarette tax from 35 cents per pack to 40 cents, with the additional money going to build a new cancer hospital at the
Universityof North Carolinaat Chapel Hill.
- House Bill 1076* would waive fees at UNC campuses and community colleges for up to six hours in course credit for state residents who are 65 and older.
- House Bill 1107* would increase district court judges' terms from four to eight years.
- House Bill 1140 would shift the entire nonfederal share of Medicaid from counties to the state.
- House Bill 1203* authorizes the issuance of $2 bullion in general obligation bonds for public school construction.
- Senate Bill 1543 would allow government workers to collectively bargain.
- Senate Bill 1553 would make computer manufacturers responsible for recycling discarded equipment.
Several appropriations bills have been filed for
- House Bill 1064 provides funds for the High Point Furniture Market
- House Bill 1165 provides funds for the
John Coltrane Music Hallin High Point
- House Bill 1214 provides funds for an NC A&T student services center
- Several smaller appropriations bills have been filed for non profits in
(House Bills 1208, 1209, 1210, and 1211) Guilford County
I value the feedback that I receive from my constituents in