Friday, May 12, 2006

Greetings From Raleigh 5-12-06

I realize it has been some time since I have sent out my legislative update or posted to my blog . Our long session adjourned in early September and in the interim, I was appointed to and served on the following study and standing committees: House Select Study Committee on Capital Punishment; House Select Committee on Ethics and Governmental Reform; Ethics Subcommittee on Campaign Finance/Reporting & Election Laws; House Select Committee on Complementary and Alternative Medicine; Legislative Commission on Global Climate Change; and The Environmental Review Commission. All except for the House Select Committee on Ethics and Governmental Reform will continue their work after the short session adjourns.


The 2006 short session of the N.C. General Assembly began on Tuesday at noon and legislators hit the ground running. It is my hope that we can work together in a bipartisan way in order to get the people's business done in a timely manner, and if that happens, I believe we can adjourn for the year in early to mid-July.

No comments: