Friday, June 15, 2007

Notes 6-15-07

Sandy Basnight, the wife of Senate President Pro Tempore Marc Basnight, passed away Sunday after an extended illness. I attended her funeral in Wanchese on Wednesday, along with most of the Senate and a good amount of House members, as well as most of our Council of State. The Senate canceled its session for the day while the House convened in the evening to allow its members time to attend.

The House honored Asheville native Wilma Dykeman yesterday. The noted author and environmentalist died last December. She received numerous awards for her work and has been credited with bringing attention to environmental issues years before Rachel Carson's Silent Spring was published.

The Charlotte Observer requested that I write an Op-Ed on energy issues in North Carolina. Here is the link. I am told that the paper plans to publish a collection of the ten or so pieces they requested in a tabloid-style format.

Please continue to express your opinions and concerns to me. I value the participation of my constituents in the legislative process.

Cheers,
Pricey

No comments: